DIY Retail License Applications Course
Are you a savvy entrepreneur who is looking to break into the cannabis industry in New Jersey? If so, you need to submit an application for a Class 5: Recreational Cannabis Retail License. The application can be daunting, and if you’re unfamiliar with the cannabis industry, it can be a challenge to find companies who will do business with you.
Not to worry, Mary Jane Marketer’s experts are here to help guide you through the application process!
Mary Jane Marketer offers an online, self-paced bootcamp course with video instruction and handouts that prepare you to write your application.
Sign up for the
New Jersey Recreational Cannabis Retail Application Bootcamp
You will be invoiced for the full amount of the bootcamp and will receive the course link once you’ve paid.
- Standard Pricing: $4,175*
- Social Equity Pricing: $2,475
Mary Jane Marketer believes in leveling the playing field and making cannabis accessible to everyone! Business owners identifying as minority, woman-owned, or disabled-veteran-owned will receive the Social Equity Pricing.
*Pricing is subject to an increase once the application is released.
New Jersey Retail Application Bootcamp Course Overview
The course is organized into 4 distinct chapters:
- Chapter 1: Start Here
- Lesson 1: Course Introduction and Overview
- Lesson 2: Setting up your Business Structure
- Lesson 3: Your Customer Experience
- Chapter 2: Application Sections Location Independent
- Lesson 4: Dispensary Operating Plan
- Lesson 5: Environmental Impact Plan
- Lesson 6: Community Impact Plan
- Lesson 7: Workforce Development Plan
- Lesson 8: Safety and Security Plan
- Lesson 9: Business Experience
- Chapter 3: Application Sections Location Dependent
- Lesson 10: Proposed Location
- Lesson 11: Location Dependent Requirements
- Chapter 4: Pre-submission Checklist
- Lesson 12: Business and Financial Plan
- Lesson 13: Application Submission
Chapter Release Dates
Chapters will roll out over the summer according to the following schedule:
- Released: Chapter 1
- End of July: Chapter 2 Part I (Lessons 4-6)
- Mid-August: Chapter 2 Part II (Lessons 7-9)
- Late-August: Chapter 3
- TBD: Chapter 4 (This chapter will be released once New Jersey has finalized requirements)
Who Should Attend The Application Bootcamp
What you’ll get
The bootcamp covers the sections required to submit the New Jersey application.
You’ll also receive the following bonus content:
- 2-hours of consulting: You’ll receive 2 hours of consulting with the bootcamp purchase so you’ll have access to experts that can help guide you or answer any questions you may have.
- Cannabis business referrals: Mary Jane Marketer will connect you with the business services you need to run your dispensary. This includes vendors for point-of-sale solutions and payment processing, packaging, business insurance, accounting, cash management, product selection, hiring, and training and education.
- Expert advice on how to make your brand stand out and differentiate your retail store.
- Marketing advice on what you’ll need to complete the in-store experience and get the word out.
Post-bootcamp, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge you’ll need to sit down and write your New Jersey Recreational Cannabis Retail application.
If you haven’t already started planning, you’re already behind. Although the application requirements are not yet finalized, your competition is already looking at retail spaces and gathering their capital to get started.
Once the application guidelines have been finalized, the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission will begin taking applications after 30 days. If you wait until the application is finalized, 30 days is not enough time to gather all your documents and complete all the requirements for the application. Don’t wait!