DIY Retail License Applications
Are you a savvy entrepreneur who is looking to break into the cannabis industry in New Jersey? If so, you need to submit an application for a Class 5: Recreational Cannabis Retail License. The application can be daunting, and if you’re unfamiliar with the cannabis industry, it can be a challenge to find companies who will do business with you.
Not to worry, Mary Jane Marketer’s experts are here to help guide you through the application process!
When you sign up for the New Jersey Recreational Cannabis Retail License Application Bootcamp, you’ll spend 3 days learning the ins and outs of the cannabis industry and requirements for a retail license in the state of New Jersey.
Who Should Attend The Application Bootcamp
Those who love DIY! If you want to write the application on your own, but need a little guidance on what to include in the required sections, this is the bootcamp for you.
What you’ll learn
The bootcamp covers the sections required to submit the New Jersey application.
You’ll also receive the following bonus content:
- Cannabis business referrals: Mary Jane Marketer will connect you with the business services you need to run your dispensary. This includes vendors for point-of-sale solutions and payment processing, packaging, business insurance, accounting, cash management, product selection, hiring, and training and education.
- Expert advice on how to make your brand stand out and differentiate your retail store.
- Marketing advice on what you’ll need to complete the in-store experience and get the word out.
Post-bootcamp, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge you’ll need to sit down and write your New Jersey Recreational Cannabis Retail application.
If you haven’t already started planning, you’re already behind. Although the application requirements are not yet finalized, your competition is already looking at retail spaces and gathering their capital to get started.
Once the application guidelines have been finalized, the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission will begin taking applications after 30 days. If you wait until the application is finalized, 30 days is not enough time to gather all your documents and complete all the requirements for the application. Don’t wait!
New Jersey Retail Application Bootcamp Dates & Agenda
Current Bootcamp Dates
We are currently offering two New Jersey Retail Application bootcamps in May:
- Friday, May 21 – Sunday, May 23, 2021
- Tuesday, June 22 – Thursday, June 24, 2021
Location: All bootcamps will be hosted remotely using video conferencing.
Sample Retail Application Agenda
Please note that the agenda is subject to change.
Day 1: 10:00 am–4:30 pm
- Overview of the New Jersey Recreational Cannabis Retail License Application
- Branding and Differentiation: What makes a dispensary stand out?
- Operating Plan: Products and supply chain management, point of sale, dispensary layout, business recordkeeping, and compliance standards
- Environmental Impact Plan
Day 2: 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Safety and Security Plan: Security requirements and best practices to ensure compliance with New Jersey identification procedures and product and cash management security
- Proposed Site Location: The dos and don’ts of retail space selection, microbusiness qualifications, and consumption areas
- Workforce Development Plan: Defining roles and responsibilities, hiring, diversity and inclusion, and employee training and education
Day 3: 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Community Impact Statement: How to develop your community engagement plan
- Summary of Business Experience: Highlighting your business experience and competencies for running a retail store in a highly regulated market
- Business and Financial Plan: Identifying relevant financials, business licenses, and contracts needed for the retail application
- Capital and Investment Planning: Capital and liquidity needed for the cannabis market and equity investor requirements
- Next steps and Q&A
Sign up for the
New Jersey Recreational Cannabis Retail Application Bootcamp
Space is limited! Sign up today by completing the form below. You will be invoiced for the full amount of the bootcamp with immediate payment required.
- Early Bird Pricing (book by two weeks prior to the bootcamp): $2,475
- Standard Pricing: $4,175
Mary Jane Marketer believes in social equity. Business owners identifying as minority, woman-owned, or disabled-veteran-owned will receive the Early Bird Pricing.